Getting a nonprofit off the ground and into the air is joyous, inspiring, and often challenging work. As Nurture approaches the one year anniversary of receiving our 501(c)(3) designation, we’d like to reflect on the generosity of the many people and organizations that have helped us come so far in the last year. We are truly grateful for the support that you have shown us, and for the connections that arise when people come together in service of a common vision.
With deep gratitude, we wish to thank the following individuals, organizations, and businesses who have offered their time, expertise, and support to help move Nurture forward toward our dream of opening a maternity resource center for Richmond’s childbearing families.
Board, Committees, and Volunteers:
- Racheal Baxter-Cook – The Yogipreneur – Marketing
- Keith Bell – Oriental Medicine Specialists, PC – Board Member
- Parker Bray – Community Volunteer
- Portia Chan – Fund Development, Marketing
- Elizabeth Cleveland – The Martin Agency – Marketing, Strategic Planning
- Katie Coleman, RN – Iris Co. – Programs
- Melanie Barr Ebsary – Fund Development
- Janett Forte, MSW – VCU Institute of Women’s Health – Programs
- Beth Furgurson of Beth Furgurson Photography – Marketing
- Gauri Gulati, MD – VCU Department of Pediatrics – Programs
- Therese Hak-Kuhn – toLabor – Board Member
- Ali Hines – Ali Hines Photography
- Jeannette Lancien – Prenatal Yoga Instructor
- Gary S. Levine, CPA – Nonprofit Connection – Accounting Support
- Heather McClees-Frazier – Fund Development
- Mary Cait Nannery – Summer Intern
- Meghan Ondrish – Marketing
- Angela Prado – Boomhitch – Marketing
- Sarah Kye Price, MSW, PhD – VCU School of Social Work – Programs
- Samieh Shalash – Editorial Support
- Jacqueline Sears, MPH – MamaBorn – Programs
- Edith Smith – Community Volunteer
- Elizabeth Sobka – Marketing
- Shannon Somogyi – Prenatal Yoga Instructor
- Jenny Stevens – Peace on Earth Begins at Birth – Organizational Doula, Marketing
- Tasha Tolliver – Tasha Tolliver Photography – Marketing
- Cristin Traylor, JD – McGuireWoods – Board Member
- Kristin VanStory – Weinstein JCC – Marketing
- Tracey Wingold, LCSW – Board Member
- Alexis Willard – Board Member
Technical and Legal Support
Partnerships and Special Projects
Thank you all so much!
Would you like to volunteer for Nurture?
Nurture is growing! We’re looking for a few passionate, dedicated and talented individuals to help move us closer to our vision of opening a dedicated maternity resource center for Richmond’s expecting and new families. If any of the following appeal to you, please email info@NurtureRVA or sign up via this link with a comment on what you’re interested in. You’ll be joining a fabulous group of folks who are passionate about raising the bar for Richmond’s newest families, and learning, growing, and having fun in the process. And there will be opportunities to further your own skills through periodic classes with Nonprofit Learning Point. Come join us!
Volunteer Opportunities – Ongoing:
Webmaster: Someone skilled in the technical side of web development to help us refine and improve our website and keep it up to date.
Social Media Maven: Develop Nurture’s social media strategy including a calendar and content relevant to childbearing families. Could be a team. We love teams and teamwork.
Writers and/or /Editors: Help build Nurture’s blog with solid, lively content and articles about topics related to pregnancy, childbirth, early parenting, and local organizations and individuals who are helping to build a better RVA for childbearing families.
Resource Development Wizard: Oversee and/or contribute to the development of a comprehensive directory of local resources for Richmond’s childbearing families.
Administrative/Operations Doula: As we grow, so does our workload, and sometimes we get overwhelmed. We’re looking for someone with a passion for order to help us with day-to-day tasks like filing, handling student registrations, developing systems to keep us tidy and efficient, and occasionally a little spirited cheerleading.
Volunteer Coordinator: As offers to volunteer roll in, we’re seeking someone with volunteer management experience to help us create solid systems to effectively utilize the talents of the kind people who have offered to help us grow.
Archivist: someone with a knack for pulling things together in a crafty sort of way who can help us create a virtual and/or physical archive of our organization.
Interested in volunteering but don’t see your niche above, please shoot us an email at info@NurtureRVA.org with your name, email address, phone number, and interest and we’ll connect!
Other ways you can help:
Be an Amazing Raise Ambassador on September 17 – 18
Sign up here to be an Ambassador for Nurture in the upcoming Amazing Raise on September 17 – 18, and help us achieve or exceed our goal of raising $5000. It can be as little as a few minutes at your desk or as much as a few hours on location.
Thank you so much for your support!